Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Favorite

A seasoned photographer challenged me to pick my ten favorite photographs and decide exactly why I love them. It doesn't sound difficult, does it? On one hand, I love the art of photography - capturing emotion, priceless expressions, memorable experiences, etc. Isn't that the reason we all own a camera? But on the other hand, I'm a perfectionist. I'm consumed by the drive for technical perfection (if that even exists!), creative composition, and stunning lighting. I find it difficult to separate the two, and sometimes even more difficult to combine them.

This is one of the first photos that I felt was truly *me*. My favorite kind of photo is one that incorporates a child's home and surroundings. I adore the soft backlighting (coming from windows right behind her), the design of the lantern next to her, and the curious way Tess is reaching for the frame (of her dog as a puppy).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, a good challenge.... I love that one too ;) Would love to hear more about this challenge!