Thursday, April 20, 2006

Four

Four year olds talk. A lot. I'm really trying to treasure this stage because I fully know that there will come a time when Kaleb won't feel like talking to me. But by the end of the day, I am so weary from conversations that go like this...

k: What does pink mean?
me: It's a color. You know that, silly.
k: Why is it a color?
me: I'm not sure. It just is.
k: What does color mean?
me (trying to provide an intellegent answer): Colors are made when light reflects off of things. Everything has a different color because light bounces off of it.
k (paying no attention to my answer): What is light?
me: It's the opposite of dark.
k: Why?
me: I don't know, kiddo.
k: What does "I don't know" mean?

All. Day. Long.


But...then I hear this sweet little voice behind me as I'm heading down the stairs in my skirt and flip flops...
"Mommy, you look just like Cinderella."

Awww. Keep talking, little guy.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww. I love Kaleb!!!! ( and you too Stace!)

CarrieTaylor said...

Oh you gotta love 4 year old little boys! Mine just looks at me sometimes and says "mommy I love you" for no reason just out of the blue. So sweet! Your boys are just so CUTE!

carrie t

Anonymous said...

Awwww!! That is so sweet!!! I love that last shot!!!

Anonymous said...

He is sooo handsome!! Love these shots!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww...Somedays I wonder who invented the word "why". LOL! Gorgeous shots and what a sweet little man...He knows just what to say, huh?!?!?!