Wednesday, November 01, 2006

This little guy could use some well wishes...


...and lots of prayers. He was born with Downs, hemophilia, high lung pressure, and a heart defect and will be undergoing heart surgery on Friday. His family is amazingly strong, but still very scared for their little boy. As a mom myself, I can't imagine the feeling.

Photographers frequently donate sessions to families with very sick children. We often feel just as blessed to get to know these strong families through their difficult situations as they are blessed to receive priceless captures of their children. There are official organizations like www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org and the American Child Photographers Charity Guild (www.acpcg.com) that work to connect photographers with families in need. If you know of anyone who would benefit from these one of these services, please contact either of these organizations or feel free to contact me. Photographers tend to have big hearts and are often quite willing to donate their time and talent to those who will treasure it most.

Here are a few of their images and a link to their slideshow. And if you can pray for their sweet baby, I know that it would be greatly appreciated.

edited to add...the images are not uploading correctly at the moment, so I'll just leave you with his slideshow for now...


http://www.bluecandyphotography.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?Slideshow=kaufmann&Testing=true

(sorry, it's not linking correctly either...you can just highlight the address, then copy and paste it into your browser's address field - you will not want to miss seeing his amazing smile and his adorable older brother!)

15 comments:

Shannon said...

those truely are priceless. Thank you for sharing them. and am praying for this little blessing of a baby.

Mary-Ella said...

What gorgeous little boys. I hope and pray all goes well for him and for his family. You captured them beautifully.
Sheilax

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous slideshow! Beautiful little boys and great captures of them.

Anonymous said...

If I'm remembering correctly, this beautiful little guy was wonderfully and appropriately named.

Thanks for sharing these, Stace.

We'll definitely keep their family in our prayers.

cheers! -stasia

Anonymous said...

Well, I just cried and cried through the slideshow. What a sweet, beautiful little boy. His parents will really treasure these photos.

Brenda said...

Stacy...I just adore your work but I think these are my fav from you. The story behind them and your wonderful captures are just heart-catching!

I'll be saying a prayer and keep the family in my thoughts tomorrow. Please keep us updated. =)

Anonymous said...

Amazing, handsome boys! Bless your heart for doing something so sweet & precious for them. Many prayers to the family for healing & comfort.

Anonymous said...

what an amazing little boy. my prayers are with his family...

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking alot of the surgery. Hope everything went well.

Anonymous said...

hi-i'm just a browser and came across your blog. Thank you so much for sharing your slideshow. It brought tears to my eyes. Being a first time mom to a 6 month old, my heart goes out that the family. It makes me so grateful for my little boy. Thank you for reminding me of my blessings. We'll be praying for the family. I need to go give my little boy a kiss. :)

Anonymous said...

Great job! Those pictures are precious! That is wonderful that you are able to capture the happy moments for these parents to cherish! Please keep us updated if you are able. Our prayers are with the family!

Anonymous said...

These pictures touched my heart (fyi...I'm sobbing). You don't just see a picture but you see a part of who he is. You've captured the love that everyone who knows him has for him in these images. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

my thoughts are with his family too. and I hope that good things happen to you too :) how generous... I am trying to find an Australia equivalent? Do you know if Photographers here can donate their time too?

stacy said...

Wow, thank you all so much! Your comments and prayers mean a ton! Baby A. made it through surgery quite well and will be recovering in the hospital for the next few weeks. Thank you again for the well-wishes...I know that they are deeply appreciated. :)

p.s. Lanne - I don't know about Australia...but I will do some searching! :)

Melanie in Georgia said...

Hi, Stacy-
Your work always inspires me, and I thought this slideshow was just beautiful. You can't help but feel drawn in by this little one's eyes. So sweet...