Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Four Little Indians

I got a new nickname today. I was telling my four year old how my dad used to take us to a national park and give us Indian nicknames (to go with the setting, I guess). Names like Chief Running Bull or Chief Gentle Breeze. So, as I'd anticipated, Kaleb wanted to come up with Indian names for our family too. He chose Chief Gentle Deer for himself, Micah got to be Chief Little Blue Fish, and Randy was Chief Big Tree. And his first pick for me???
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Chief. Sweet. Goat.

What??

I laughed and explained that while I love goats, it wasn't my first choice for a nickname. Sooo...he changed it. To Chief Sweet Cow. Hmmmpf.

We had fun at the park anyway. :)





6 comments:

Shannon said...

Okay, I dont know you but I have been reading your blog and loving your photos. This post cracked me up. Im still giggling here. Oh the things kiddos say. I like the Cheif Sweet Cow. Too hilarious!

stacy said...

Thanks so much, Shannon. :) Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

cow, eh? well, it's sweet anyways. :) love them both on the chair!

Manda said...

hahaha! Great story. The things kids come up with!

Anonymous said...

Your boys are sooooooo flippin cute!!!! Love all the shots and the indian names too! LOL!

stacy said...

Thank you!!